Semantic Web is an inherently multi-disciplinary field. With an ever-growing dependence on the Web and the continuously increasing importance of large-scale data sharing, integration, and reuse, natural science researchers, geoscience, biology, library science, health care, the humanities, just to name a few, have also taken an increasing interest in the Semantic Web. The U.S. Semantic Technologies Symposium (US2TS) series provide a forum to ease the division between computer science, natural science, and academia/government/industry.
We solicit anyone with an interest in the Semantic Web to propose a session for US2TS 2019. A session is any relevant activity that can fit into a 90 minutes slot (you can also propose a session that takes more than one slot).
Examples of sessions are:
- a panel discussion
- a series of presentations on a topic
- breakout-style discussions on a proposed topic
- a tutorial
As the main goal of the Symposium is to foster synergies and collaborations from different fields, we
1. At least 2-3 people, preferably from different institutions, propose the session. This is not a strict requirement, mostly a recommendation (if you have a good case for a different setting we will definitely take your proposal into account).
2. All the session leaders are asked to confirm and commit to participate at the time of submission.
3. If your proposal already names speakers or panelists, you must state whether their participation is already confirmed.
We encourage session proposals about cross-discipline topics which are of concern for participants from existing sub-communities
Please prepare a (max) 2 page submission indicating:
- Name of the session
- Topic: please indicate which cross-discipline topics the session will tackle. Here you can also specify if there is any particular vertical of interest (e.g. legal, life science, medical, publisher/scholarly data, cultural heritage, library, museum, oil/gas, engineering, airplane, e-commerce, etc)
- Type of session: Panel | Presentations | Break-out discussion | Tutorial | Other (please specify)
- Short description of the session
- The 2/3 person team (names & affiliations) that will lead the session
- Speakers(when applicable). It is strictly required to specify the speakers if you are proposing a panel, in which case they must be already confirmed.
- Expected participation (give a prediction of who would be interested in attending your session)
- Submit your proposal on easychair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=us2ts
After the Symposium we will invite all session chairs to co-edit a summary of the event, which will be formally published.
- Deadline for submissions: October 31st 2018
- Notifications: November 16th 2018
- Confirmed outline of the sessions: December 10th 2018
- Final program for the sessions: January 14th 2019
- Symposium dates: March 11-13, 2019
All questions about submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org